Thursday 19 May 2011

Time to find a new scapegoat.

Most of you have read that Denilson has said that he wants to leave, but who wouldn't want to leave after receiving the hate he has received? Let's start by posting what he said:



He said: "This has been the worst season of my life and I am so upset, so frustrated.

"I am a winner and I came here to win trophies but I've been here for five years and won nothing.

"A footballer's career is over very quickly so it is time for me to move on.

"This is not a sudden decision. I made up my mind eight months ago.

"I was fed up of coming home and feeling down.

"But I haven't said anything until now because I did not want to disrupt the team during the season. And I haven't caused a big scene.

"I've simply been to see Arsene Wenger and told him how I felt and he's agreed to let me go.

"I know some people will think I am crazy. They are right. It is a great club with a great organisation, a great manager and so many talented players.

"Yes, I make a good living at Arsenal but other things in life are important.

"I need a fresh challenge and although I know I'm taking a big gamble I am ready to take that risk."

Denilson, 23, added: "I can't see myself returning in a Chelsea shirt, or Liverpool or Manchester City - and definitely not Tottenham. I think my future will be in Spain or Italy."

His parting message to Arsenal is powerful and poignant. "It's great to play beautiful football but sometimes to be a winner you have to play ugly if you want to succeed."

He's been influenced by the fans to say that, I mean most of the fans hate him. And think that he's the reason why we didn't win silverware this season, seriously how many games has he played this season? Only 16 games a starter, and 12 as a substitute, but fans hate him. Why? They generalize on his performances, let's say that he has 1 bad game for every 5 good games, but people only take an interest on the bad things. Specially when he's our preferred scapegoat.

I don't think that those quotes were said by Denilson, he's a humble guy. Did you know that his mother died when he was 10? Did you know that he had to fight against poverty, and he made it? He's admirable. But people hate him because he SOMETIMES pass the ball backwards, a player like Xavi does that as well, and people classify him as the best midfielder in the world, but according to gooners Denilson is the worst.

Denilson was one of our bests players in the 08/09 season he even touched the ball more times than any other premier league player. Quite solid for a 20 year old guy. In the next season he was solid, again scoring a few top goals. He, again was solid.

But this season according to some fans he has not performed properly, and they hate him because of that. If so, you can't generalize on someone's career just for ONE SINGLE SEASON. People forget about his age if he's bad he can surely get better and he's only 23 years old. And seriously what has he done bad? I have not seen nothing bad on his performances, I remember the game against Sunderland in the Stadium of the light, he played well, but people criticized him because he shot in the last minute, I can remember it clearly, it's just disgraceful. He passes the ball backwards many times, and what's the problem?! He also creates some chances. And, without mentioning that Wenger plays him as a defensive midfielder and he's more of a central midfielder.

Last game against Villa, it all was disgraceful. They booed Denilson when he started to warm up, and seriously what do you gain by HATING a player of your own team? Nothing.

In summary, I want Denilson to leave, because of the fans. He doesn't deserve that hate. No-one deserves it, and specially a humble guy like him. Recently he donated 800 basic needs grocery packages to Sao Paulo, it's admirable. And, now that he will leave, what will be the problem? I have a feeling that those who hated Denilson (more than 80% of the gooners) will regret it, someday. So, again, who will be our scapegoat now? It seems that finding one is the best way to solve a problem at the Arsenal.

Good luck, Denilson. You deserve to play every week, and hopefully you won't receive the hate you've received this season. All the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment