Sunday 8 May 2011

Thoughts of this season and improvements for the next one.

I don't think that our team is rubbish, that's my opinion, and you must respect it. But well, I'm not here to say my human rights. I'm going to talk about what needs to be improved for next season, and my thoughts of this one.


Introducing this, let me say that I don't hate Bendtner, Denilson or Squillaci. They're good players. And the thing is that if one of them have a bad game people overreact or generalize their performances. They only see the bad things about those players. But, let me tell you that we are all humans and we commit mistakes. A bad game doesn't make you a bad player. You can hate me if you want.


Now coming into topic let's start by saying what I think about every department in the Arsenal.


1. We should sell Almunia and don't buy a GK, we have enough, teach Sczszesny how to control his temper and how to kick the ball and it's alright. Fabianski made a huge improvement this season, but then unluckily he got injured, I feel sorry for him.


Koscielny and Squillaci
2. On the defense department, I think that our defense has been quite good, just look at how many goals we've conceded. And by only having practically 3 CBs (vermaelen injury) and only ONE of them had premier league experience, it's quite good. People hate squillaci and I don't really know why, he was accustomed to La liga style of play and sometimes it takes longer for people to adapt to a completely different league. We should buy one or two defenders though, we can't rely on 4 defenders. Koscielny adapted very quickly though and he was a rock.

Denilson has not been given many chances this season
3. Time for the midfielder department, Jack Wilshere and Alex Song have emerged brilliantly this season, Wilshere was one of the players that showed some spirit in the lasts games, he just needs to control his temper, he loses it very easily, Fabregas didn't have a good season, injuries were constant for him and that's why he didn't perform well in some matches. I do think that Rosicky has nothing more to give to Arsenal. Ramsey will emerge brilliantly next season, and finally, Denilson, the most underrated player here, yes I just said that, I might get some haters for saying that, but I don't care that's MY opinion, Denilson is a good player, and can hold the ball very good, you'd be surprised by the number of times he really loses the ball, he doesn't lose it as much as you think. Just a stat I would like to share with you: on the season 08/09 Denilson was the one who touched the ball more times than any other premier league player.


4. On the attacking line, Chamakh was certainly rocking in the first half of the season, you may call me superstitious, but after FIFA prohibited the snoods Chamakh and Nasri really dropped their form. Bendtner is being played out of position and Wenger should notice that! Van Persie only played 1/2 of the league and did it brilliantly, what a player. I read a stat which said that if Van Persie had played all the league he would have had similar amount of goals as Cristiano or Messi.


Now what needs to be improved:


1) Wenger should play some players in their natural positions, for example Bendtner, Denilson, Nasri and others are played out of position, Bendtner is a lethal Centre forward, NOT a winger. Denilson is NOT a holding midfielder, he is more of an attacking player, and finally, Nasri, is not a winger, play him in the middle, and you'll see why he's called the New Zidane.


2) I might not have a good opinion on this one, because I don't live in England, but I've read that our tickets prices are more expensive now, Arsenal should not do that. They have the best fans in the league, and they haven't won anything in 6 years, so arsenal should not do it.


3) The main issue this season has been on the SHOOTING department, we don't shoot, and it costs us a lot to get a shot on target, we've hit the post more times than any other Premier League club, I mean how can you hit the post and not hit the net which is 10 times bigger?! Bad luck.


4) Determination. Arsenal sometimes seem like they don't want to win matches, they should fix that up. And players should show some spirit, I mean, come on, they're getting paid for playing football, what they love and for such a great team like Arsenal, they should/must show winning spirit.


5) I don't think we need to sign many players, just a defender and a holding midfielder. Just keep the players we already have.


6) Some players need to control their tempers, for example Sczszesny, Diaby or Wilshere.


Positives from this season:


1. We showed some great spirit against great teams such as Barca, Manchester United and Chelsea.


2. Jack Wilshere was named PFA young player of the year, and Samir Nasri was the runner-up for the PFA player of the year.
Jack Wilshere showing his award


3. We used a new formation and it went well for most of the season.


4. Having spent less than 20 millions pounds, it was a good season, we were 2nd for most of it and screw it over in the lasts games.


And to finish this post, I want to ask you a question, why do gooners fight?! I've seen so many proposed fights on twitter so lately. I've even had some discussions with some gooners, and seriously you want that? We are the arsenal, we are a family, in those times I just stay quiet, I won't ever fight with a gooner.


I'm just a gooner from abroad and that was my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment